Tuesday, July 28, 2009

It was the night before departure...

My bags are packed, clothes laid out & alarm clock set! I don't think it'll hit me that I'm actually leaving until I step out of the car at the airport tomorrow morning. But I am really excited! I told one of my friends here that I'm going to kiss the ground when I got off the plane in Atlanta, haha.

I really enjoyed my last week here though. Yesterday some young people from church throw me a goodbye party =D! It's sad to think that just as I was beginning to finally make friends I'm leaving. But apparently I'll get to see several of them again tomorrow morning. A couple are coming to the house around 8am to say goodbye, others are meeting us at the airport! =)

In my last blog I was going to do a recap of sorts but because it hasn't hit me yet that I'm leaving I don't think I can do it justice. Hopefully after debriefing in Kansas City, I can.

I'm so thankful to have had these 9 weeks in Argentina. I can't wait to see every one & tell more stories in person. Thank you so much to everyone who helped me in any way in this adventure =D.

11:35am depart from Mendoza to Santiago, Chile
7 hour layover in Santiago
8pm depart for Atlanta, Georgia
6am arrive
7:25am depart for Kansas City, MO (hope i don't miss this flight)
8:30am arrive in KS

Homeward Bound,
Michaela Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment